Clear All

Surge Copper TSX.V:SURG

The coming copper crunch

http://aheadoftheherd.com/Newsletter...per-crunch.pdf

Golden Triangle’s Red Line

http://aheadoftheherd.com/Newsletter...s-Red-Line.pdf

Comment

MR. RANDALL THOMPSON JOINS SURGE COPPER'S BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Randall Thompson, the former president of Huckleberry Mines Ltd., has joined Surge Copper Corp.'s board of directors.

Mr. Thompson has extensive mine operating and mine building expertise, including 10 years of direct experience on mines and mine projects in British Columbia. From 2012 to 2017 he was president and chief operating officer at the Huckleberry mine, located directly adjacent to Surge Copper's Ootsa project. Mr. Thompson has supervised large development projects including the roughly $100-million expansion of the Huckleberry mine and the $450-million construction of the Jabal Sayid mine in Saudi Arabia for Equinox Minerals. More recently Mr. Thompson worked on optimizing operations for the Silvertip mine in Northern British Columbia prior to the takeover of JDS Silver by Coeur Mining. Previous board experience includes directorship for Minto Explorations in the Yukon and the Mining Association of British Columbia.

Dr. Shane Ebert, chief executive officer of Surge Copper, commented: "Randall's knowledge and commitment to safety, environmental compliance and operational excellence will be a huge benefit as we ramp up our exploration efforts while evaluating development opportunities for our Ootsa project. His strong technical background and creativity is an excellent addition to our board. We welcome him to our team and are excited to move our project forward."

Conrad Swanson has stepped down from the board to make room for Mr. Thompson and will become an adviser to the company. Mr. Thompson has been granted 200,000 stock options exercisable at 11 cents per share for a term of five years from the date of grant pursuant to the company's stock option plan.

Financing

The company has arranged a non-brokered private placement of up to 400,000 units at a price of 12 cents per unit for gross proceeds of $48,000. Each unit consists of one common share of the company and one-half of one non-transferable common share purchase warrant. Each whole warrant will entitle the holder to acquire an additional common share of the company at an exercise price of 15 cents per share for a period of 24 months from the closing date of the private placement.

The proceeds of the private placement will be used for the purpose of carrying out the exploration programs on the company's British Columbia property and for general working capital.

The financing is subject to TSX Venture Exchange approval.

About Surge Copper Corp.

The company owns a 100-per-cent interest in the Ootsa property, an advanced stage exploration project containing the East Seel, West Seel and Ox porphyry deposits located adjacent to the open-pit Huckleberry copper mine. The property contains National Instrument 43-101-compliant resources of 224 million tonnes in the measured and indicated categories with contained metals of 1.1 billion pounds of copper and one million ounces of gold.

Dr. Shane Ebert, PGeo, is the qualified person for the Ootsa project as defined by National Instrument 43-101 and has approved the technical disclosure contained in this news release.

Comment

Surge Copper: 3 great scenarios

http://aheadoftheherd.com/Newsletter...-scenarios.pdf

Comment

Copper price soars to 3-month high

http://www.mining.com/copper-price-soars-3-month-high/

Comment

SURGE COPPER CORP RECEIVES 5 YEAR EXPLORATION PERMIT FOR OOTSA AND CLOSES PRIVATE PLACEMENT

Surge Copper Corp. has received a new five-year exploration permit of the Ootsa deposit in British Columbia and has closed a private placement.

5-Year Exploration Permit Received

The new exploration permit allows the Company to drill an additional 150 holes, build necessary drill access roads, and conduct additional trenching and geophysical surveying. The permit also allows the Company to maintain its existing 30-man exploration camp and core facility. Surge Copper plans to drill a minimum of 3,000 metres at Ootsa this summer, testing priority targets around the East and West Seel deposits, with a few holes targeting deposit expansion. The Company also plans to conduct surface exploration programs at multiple copper, gold, and silver exploration targets on the Ootsa Property.

Non-Brokered Private Placement Completed

The Company is pleased to announce it has closed the non-brokered private placement announced on May 29, 2018, consisting of 400,000 units ("Units") at a price of $0.12 per Unit raising gross proceeds of $48,000. Each Unit is comprised of one common share of the Company and one-half of one non-transferable common share purchase warrant ("Warrant"). Each whole warrant entitles the holder thereof to purchase one common share of the Company, for 24 months, at an exercise price of $0.15 per share after the closing date of the private placement.

The proceeds of the private placement will be used for the purpose of carrying out the exploration programs on the Company's British Columbia property and for general working capital.

All securities issued in conjunction with this private placement are subject to a hold period expiring four months plus a day after the date of their issuance.

Comment

Copper price and cars: Boom goes beyond electric vehicles

http://www.mining.com/copper-price-c...ampaign=digest

Comment

SURGE COPPER COMMENCES EXPLORATION AT OOTSA PROPERTY

Exploration has started at Surge Copper Corp.'s 100-per-cent-owned Ootsa property. The Ootsa property is an advanced-stage copper-gold exploration project containing the East Seel, West Seel and Ox porphyry deposits and is located adjacent to the Huckleberry open-pit copper mine. A field crew has started a surface exploration program and is constructing drill pads. Drilling is anticipated to start during the first week of July.

Comment

SURGE COPPER HAS ARRANGED A $150,000 NON-BROKERED PRIVATE PLACEMENT

Surge Copper Corp. has arranged a non-brokered private placement of up to 1.5 million units at a price of 10 cents per unit for gross proceeds of $150,000. Each unit consists of one common share of the company and one common share purchase warrant. Each warrant will entitle the holder to acquire an additional common share of the company at an exercise price of 18 cents per share for a period of three years from the closing date of the private placement.

The proceeds of the private placement will be used for the purpose of carrying out the exploration programs on the company's British Columbia property and for general working capital.

The financing is subject to TSX Venture Exchange approval.

About Surge Copper Corp.

The company owns a 100-per-cent interest in the Ootsa property, an advanced-stage exploration project containing the East Seel, West Seel and Ox porphyry deposits located adjacent to the open-pit Huckleberry copper mine. The property contains National Instrument 43-101-compliant resources of 224 million tonnes in the measured and indicated categories with contained metals of 1.1 billion pounds of copper and one million ounces of gold.

Comment

Exploration program begins for Surge Copper

http://aheadoftheherd.com/Newsletter...rge-Copper.pdf

Comment

World's biggest miners want more copper but nobody's selling

http://www.mining.com/web/worlds-big...bodys-selling/

Comment

Wanna buy a copper mine? Ask a junior

http://aheadoftheherd.com/Newsletter...k-a-junior.pdf

Comment

Working...
                        X